Mascara is a staple in every woman’s cosmetic bag. Depending on the type of mascara, and your mood, your eyes can look slightly defined and wide open, or they can appear to be very dark and daring, with little to no other makeup. There are many different types of mascara available today. To complicate your decision further, there are also different application wand shapes, each designed to help with certain aspects of mascara application. With so many choices, deciding on one can be a daunting process. I hope to simplify it a bit for you.Rmnlo
Different Types of Mascara
There are six main different types of mascara; all achieve a different effect on your lashes, and have their own particular formulas, depending on which company makes them. They also can come in just about any combination of formulas, so it helps to know exactly what each formula does.
1. Defining mascara probably looks the most natural out of all of the formulas; it generally comes in clear or natural colors and lightly coats and separates each lash.
2. Waterproof mascara is exactly what it says. It is a must have for swimmers and other athletes. It is also especially helpful in the summer, or in humid climates. Proceed with caution if you have sensitive eyes as it can be fairly difficult to remove (eye makeup remover is a must), and is the most irritating out of the different formulas of mascara.
3. Curling mascara is also available. With a good brand, you can actually see your eyelashes curling as the mascara dries.
4. Thickening mascara is good for people who have thin or sparse eyelashes. A good formula is fortified with wax or paraffin for added thickness.
5. Lengthening mascara gives the appearance of longer lashes by extending them. Newer formulas contain nylon, rayon, or other polymers.
6. Anti-clumping mascara is a relatively new development. Gels and mousses, as well as a plastic wand give this type of mascara its power. It goes on smoothly, and does away with clumpy, spidery looking lashes. You can even remain clump-free after more than one coat.
Various Types of Applicators
Now that you know the different types of mascara formulas, it is important to understand the difference an applicator wand can make. There are four main types:
1. Crescent wands help to curl eyelashes.
2. Bristly, fat brushes are very helpful when it is necessary to coat each individual lash.
3. Spiral shaped wands are the most common type and help separate lashes.
4. Double tapered wands have smaller bristles at each end and larger ones in the middle for coating sparse lashes.
Not all wand shapes are available with all types of mascara. They each have their obvious choices, but which wand is used really depends on the brand manufacturing the mascara formula.
With so many different products available, it is easy to understand how you could get overwhelmed when trying to choose a mascara. It helps if you can know what you may be looking for in advance. It also helps to compare products before purchasing one to make sure you are getting the best quality and value. One of the most convenient ways to do this is online. There are many quality websites that can help get what you want in a mascara for exactly the right price.